"Australia...is actually creating far more jobs than are being destroyed."
Phil Ruthven, Futurist and IBIS Founder
- Australia once grew for decades at more than 8 per cent annually – but it didn’t have a billion people. China has now done it for 55 years and looks set to continue. This is unprecedented.
- China has the “benefit” of autocracy to direct growth but India – the world’s biggest democracy – is growing at more than 6 per cent, twice the world economy.
- Australia is particularly “lucky” to be so deeply entrenched in Asia. And its engagement is actually a lot deeper than people think.
- Despite the “rigidities” of Australia’s economy, it is actually creating far more jobs than are being destroyed. Even in manufacturing there are still “sinfully profitable” companies.
- Australia can’t be Asia’s food bowl. But the opportunity to dramatically increase food related exports is still amazing.
View Phil's full presentation.